You may recall the three blogs written last year about the remarkable education institution creating leaders and social change in South Africa. You may have attended (or wanted to attend) the inspirational talk by their CEO at London Business School last year. Below we get an update from them – which gives two easy ways to get involved with one very important institution:
Nelson Mandela’s passing reminded us how important it is to keep his legacy alive. For TSiBA, this means continuing to develop leaders and entrepreneurs of the highest calibre in South Africa. We are therefore proud to announce:
- 90% of our graduates of 2013 are already in full-time employment.
- TSiBA graduate Khanyisa Mtombeni, has been awarded a Kofi Annan Fellowship to study an MBA in Germany.
- Rayne Moses, also a TSiBA graduate, inspires other entrepreneurs with his skateboarding social business:www.nebulaskateboarding.co.za
We continue to scale our impact:
this year we’ve enrolled over 450 full time students, will launch a night school for part time degree students this month, are providing youth skills training for the Department of Economic Development and have begun to market a local Executive Education offering.
We continue to provide thought leadership on community upliftment and social enterprise. Our rural campus, TSiBA Eden, won Gold at the Impumelelo Social Innovations Awards. In addition, we are participating in a think tank on social impact bonds with the University of Cape Town.
We hope you will continue your support in the year ahead as we build a non-profit organisation that will be inspirational and sustainable, long into the future. There are two ways to get involved in the near future:
- Sponsor Cycling for TSiBA: Cape Argus Pick n Pay Cycle Tour
We are starting our 2014 UK fundraising, with a campaign: Cycling for Change. Twenty cyclists will be racing in the arduous but scenically beautiful Cape Argus Cycle Tour on the 9th March in Cape Town.
You can also share this page on Facebook by going to https://apps.facebook.com/jgdonation/
and entering: Cycle4Change
As Madiba said: “Education is the most powerful weapon you can use to change the world”
- Meet the CEO: Adri Marais’s Next Visit to the UK
Adri will be in the UK between 13 – 15 May to follow up on her October 2013 visit. Please email Leigh Meinert –email@example.com
if you are interested in any of the following:
- Meeting Adri for a coffee to hear more about support opportunities
- Introducing Adri to individuals or organisations who might be interested in supporting TSiBA
- Joining Adri on the morning of 15th May for a relaxed cycle ride
- Hosting a drinks evening at your home, place of work or local pub for people to meet Adri
- Suggesting anything else Adri could do for TSiBA during her time in the UK
Of course, you can also sponsor a student’s
tuition for a year for only £3200 per student. For more information about this, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
You are an important part of the TSiBA community. We look forward to you joining us in May to support our mission to ignite opportunity for emerging talent.