Start a love revolution…
Alternatives to Valentines Day
Hannah suggests that February 14th becomes a ‘share the love day’. “Today let’s try to make all people feel appreciated and special. Say thank you to the bus driver, smile at a stranger, go cupid and help a single friend to find love, complement a colleague, or, if you don’t already know them, introduce yourself to a neighbour. It might just catch on!”
This is just what Abdullah is advocating in his marvelous blog: http://bit.ly/1eyhtDb
He says, love is not for a day and each day until February the 20th he is doing something “lovely” and posting a Facebook picture or status update on what he did and how it made a difference.
Why not join him or do your own ten day journey to spread the love? His suggestions on how to:
- Call your mum/dad/sis/bro just to tell them “I Love you” !
- Sponsor an Orphans food for the day.
- Next time you visit a coffee shop, order two and give the other to the person behind you in the line.
- When you see your friend tomorrow, hug them and tell them you love them unconditionally.
- When buying a snickers, grab two and give the other to the first beggar you see on the road with “hope this makes your day a bit better”.
- The dying plant in your garden, go water it and put some extra fertilizer as a thank you for all the oxygen it has given you.
These are just a few suggestions, but be innovative, don’t look for for opportunities, create them to spread the love.
Remember love is everywhere!
Happy Valentines Day.